FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many pounds of Live Rock do I need?
We recommend 1-1.5 lbs. per gallon, or 2 lbs. per gallon if you are using live rock as your tanks sole means of biological filtration. The amount needed will differ with each individual tanks setup. If you plan on overstocking your tank or you know that you are prone to overfeeding your fish, then we suggest having more than less. The more Live Rock you have the more stable your chemistry will be. Live Rock provides superior biological filtration, and is essential for the long term success of any aquarium. Live Rock will also speed up the cycling process for a newly setup tank as well.
When will you ship my order?
- UPS Ground: – If you select our Ground Shipping option we ship every Monday and Tuesday. This ensures that your package does not sit over the weekend and will arrive in the best possible condition.
- 3 Day Select: – If you choose our 3 Day Select Shipping option, we ship out every Monday and Tuesday. This ensures that your package does not sit over the weekend and will arrive in the best possible condition.
- 2nd Day Air: – If you select our 2nd Day Air option, we ship your order Monday – Wednesday.
- Dry Rock and Live Sand: – All orders of Dry Rock and Live Sand ship out within 24 hours of placing your order (excluding Sundays).
For more info on our shipping process please visit our ARC Reef Shipping Page
Are your Live Rocks precured or will I need to cure them?
Curing is a term used to describe Live Rock that originates from another country such as from Fiji. All our Live Rock is fresh, and properly shipped so there is no need for curing. We highly suggest that you select a shipping method that is less than 5 days as that seams to be the limit for not having to cure them. Our Live Rock come straight out of the ocean and are kept underwater during their transport from the ocean to our aquaculture facility. Once there they are kept in large high flow racetrack holding tanks that keep them strong and happy until they are shipped directly to your door. Your Live Rocks will endure some stress from the shipping process, but we add water and a wet towel to every package to ensure this stress is minimized. Seldom is there a delay in shipping or a cold front/heat wave that will impact your shipment. Remember, Live Rocks are quite resilient and do just fine in the wild when they are exposed during low tide. For more information on the curing process in general go to our Guide to Curing Live Rock
How do I choose where to purchase my Live Rocks?
We know there are many different options of Live Rock available to you as a buyer. Knowing what you don’t want is just as important as knowing what you do. If you purchase from a private seller or LFS Local Fish Store, avoid live rocks taken from tanks that contain hair algae, Aiptasia Anemones, and Majano Anemones as you will not want to start off having to battle such things. It is also a good idea to test the water for phosphates. If the phosphate levels are high, the rock will absorb it and you will likely have issues with keeping your own phosphate levels down. Ask if the source tank ever been treated with copper medications? If so your Live Rock will absorb the copper and it may make it impossible to keep or grow coral in your own tank. You will need to know if the Live Rock is cured or not. Let your nose be the judge, if they smell like the ocean you are good to go, if they smell rotten then there is some die-off present and the Live Rock will need to be cured. If purchasing from online buy only from reputable established companies that are here to stay. Next you will need to decide between purchasing Live Rock that was taken from a reef in another country or ones that were sustainably aquacultured. Aquacultured Live Rock is a growing practice and one that does not destroy existing coral reefs. Please carefully weigh the moral implications between both options. We all got into this hobby from our love and fascination with marine-life and by choosing aquacultured Live Rock you are preserving the opportunity for future generations to also enjoy the hobby..
Are your Live Rocks covered by any warranty?
- ARC Reef is so confident in it’s products that we give you a free 100% unconditional lifetime warranty, we are the only producer that offers this exclusive unconditional lifetime warranty on Live Rock. If you are unhappy with your selection in any way, even if you accidentally poison or crash your tank, no matter what the circumstances, we will replace your past order of Live Rock absolutely free of charge, just pay shipping cost and we will send you out a replacement order the very next day. Being an Aquarium owner should be a relaxing and stress free hobby and we strive to give you peace of mind to help make that possible.
- To receive a replacement order simply email us at Info@ARCreef.com and we will email you back with instructions.
Are your Live Rocks a certified Aquacultured product?
ARC Reef- Atlantic Reef Conservation LLC is a certified Aquaculture facility. Every product that we offer is 100% Aquacultured right here in the USA. We are licensed under the Department of Agriculture – permit# AQ0223588 and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) permit# AQU-069. Every order we receive helps our local and global marine ecosystems by eliminating the need for wild harvested products and is helping to rebuild our very own reefs here in the US so that they may be enjoyed for generations to come. Every order with us helps get one step closer to ending the destruction of our reefs. Our reefs are not a renewable resource and once they are gone, they are gone forever. We know you have many choices available to you for purchasing Live Rock, and we thank you for saying no to importing wild collected Live Rock and Reef.
What is your return and exchange policy?
All ARC Reef products are covered by an unlimited lifetime guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your selection at any time, you may ship them back to us and we will ship out a new order to you free of charge (simply pay the shipping cost).
We offer a 30 day return policy with water sample. Ship your rocks + a sample of your tanks water back to us in the same manner that they were shipped to you. Once we receive them we will weigh your return, conduct a workup of your tanks water, and issue you a refund within 3 – 5 business days. We do not pay for the shipping cost of shipping them back to us. If the water sample shows negligence on your part or a severe chemical imbalance we will not issue a refund. By purchasing Live Rock products you are expected to be able to properly care for and maintain proper water chemistry, and be running the correct equipment and lighting.