ARC Reef’s “Reef Stacker” Dry Rock Aquascaping kits
Introducing the new and never before seen “Reef Stacker” Dry Rock. Comes with acrylic connecting rods AND frag plugs. Perfect for stacking together to create arches, caves, and swim-throughs. Perfect for creating beautiful aquascapes with no other tools needed. Every piece of our Dry Rock is individually selected by hand for its extraordinary appearance, unique shape, and maximum porosity. Only about 5% of dry rock that we examine will make the cut and be branded ARC Reef Dry Rocks.
Why ARC Reef Dry Rock is the Best Aquarium Dry Reef Rock
- We are the only company that predrills nearly every rock with additional holes! They are the perfect size to fit coral frag plugs. These extra holes make it possible for you to add coral plugs to your aquarium in the future.
- We are the ONLY company to sterilize every rock prior to shipment. You will never introduce unwanted bacteria, contaminants, or organics to your tank with our dry reef rocks.
- We bubble wrap every single dry rock! With other companies, you get a box of rock that has turned to rubble during the shipping process. We protect every rock that ships out.
- Every rock is 100% precured. Does not need to soak or cure. Ready to drop it directly into your saltwater fish tank or any marine aquarium.
- All our Dry Rock and Live Rock are calcium carbonate based and make an excellent calcium and alkalinity buffer for saltwater aquariums and fish tanks.
- They are mined from inside the earth and not from a coral reef. They are a byproduct of mining for more dense materials that are found deep below this very porous type of dry rock.
- Lab analysis shows that our Dry Rock contains less than half the phosphates contained within Fiji Dry Rock, and nearly 400% less than Pukani Dry Rock.
- Our Dry Rock is the premium Swiss cheese type of Dry Rock that is so highly sought after.
- We encourage custom requests for specific shapes and sizes free of charge and we try our best to pick every order exactly as you requested. Just add your requests at checkout.
- Comes with our 100% Unconditional Lifetime Warranty – unhappy at any point with your selection, even if you destroy your rocks for any reason, we will exchange your old ones for a brand new selection absolutely free of charge.
- Sustainably harvested and environmentally friendly. Every purchase helps us to replant coral reefs right here in the U.S. We’ve created over 43,500 sq. ft. of new coral reefs so far.
How Much Dry Base Rock do I Need?
Aquarium rock is the “biologic filter” of your reef tank. Having enough rock in your aquarium is absolutely essential for a healthy reef tank. The rocks serve as the primary location for beneficial bacteria and marine life that will convert ammonia excreted by your fish into nitrate.
1-1.5 lbs. per gallon is the common ratio of Live Rock for normal tank situations. 2 lbs per gallon if your aquarium will be heavily stocked and you tend to overfeed your fish regularly or if your Live Rocks will be the only biological filter for the tank and you are not using a sand-bed. The more Live Rock you have the more stable your chemistry will be. Live Rock provides superior biological filtration and is essential for the long term success of any aquarium.
ARC Reef’s Cleaning & Sterilization Process
After being hand-picked, every dry rock is then soaked and cleaned at our quarry location to remove all sand and silt. After being transported to our warehouse every reef rock is then sterilized with high pressurized steam. The combined high heat and pressure open up all the pours of rock, dramatically increasing the surface area on and within the rock. This intense cleaning process takes much time but the end result is a premium grade dry rock that is absolutely beautiful, chock full of holes and is 100% ready to add to your aquarium straight out of the box.
Return Your Unused Portion of Dry Rock for a Refund
If you order too much, just return your unused portion. We will accurately weight your returned portion and issue you a refund back to the credit card that you used when you placed your order.
100% Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
All ARC Reef products come with our 100% unconditional lifetime warranty. We stand behind all our aquacultured products for their entire life and yours! If you are unhappy with your Dry Rocks, Live Rocks, Live Sand or Coralline Algae products in any way or simply need to start all over again, we will replace your purchased item free of charge for the full lifetime of your ownership.
20% of All Proceeds Goes to Rebuilding our Coral Reefs
To date, we have successfully planted over 43,560 sq. ft. of new coral reefs and expect this number to double within the next year. Our marine conservation efforts, reef cleanups, and beach cleanups are all funded 100% of our product sales. Thank you for not only choosing certified aquacultured products but for directly contributing towards our efforts of rebuilding coral reefs right here in the US.
ARC Reef – Certified Aquaculture
ARC Reef is a state and federally licensed aquaculture facility and marine research laboratory specializing solely in sustainable aquaculture processes and using the proceeds to benefit our marine ecosystems. We are currently working each day on our offshore reef project called “Heart Reef Miami”. We are actively culturing a variety of different coral and algae species offshore and involved with propagating 3 species of endangered corals; Elkhorn Coral (Acropora cervicornis), Staghorn Coral (Acropora cervicornis) and Pillar Coral (Dendrogyra cylindrus).
We urge you to enjoy the hobby responsibly and choose aquacultured products when available. One of the most disturbing actions in the marine aquarium trade is that there are many companies that are breaking up the reefs with destructive methods like dynamite and crowbars. They are removing healthy sections of the reef from the ocean and bleaching them in the sun to kill off all life and corals contained on and within the rock, then once all life on the rocks is completely dead, they spray them down and export them to the U.S and other countries calling them “Dry Rock”. So when consumers in the U.S. are purchasing Dry Rock that came from the Indo-Pacific such as Fiji Dry Rock, Tonga Dry Rock, and Pukani Dry Rock, they are actually purchasing “Live Rock” that has been killed and reclassified as Dry Rock. This is the reason why these so-called “Dry Rocks” require up to 6 months of curing time. Retailers of these products try sprucing up this practice with buzz lines like, “Picked fresh from the ocean”, or “100% naturally collected”. No matter how they phrase it, it means that someone went into the water and pulled apart a living coral reef to sell. In the U.S. this is considered a felony that has a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison. Many countries including the U.S and Bahamas have banned this destructive practice years ago, yet the U.S. still remains the top importer of “Dead Dry Rocks”. There are many aquaculture facilities in the U.S. that sustainably farm Live Rock and Base Rock, we implore you to please choose any one of us and let our natural coral reefs stay in the ocean where they belong. We are losing our coral reefs at an alarming pace and it is shocking to find that hobbyists with a dire passion for the marine ecosystem could unknowingly aid in its own destruction. Once our coral reefs are gone, they are gone forever. Please say no to wild-harvested Dry Rock and Live Rock products.